No. 1

1

Posted by J.Cardenas | Posted in , , | Posted on Saturday, January 23, 2010



Finished this one on the fifth of this month. When I started on it, I had no idea that 2010 was a tiger year. Seriously. I was browsing my old hard disk and I came across one of my photos of a tiger, which I took at the Tagaytay zoo several years ago. A few seconds of looking at it and I knew I just had to paint it.

Poster paint has always been my medium but I wanted to try out something new. Years ago, I attempted to paint with watercolor but found the medium very difficult to control. I was positive that doing it again would be a disaster. But then again, I thought, nobody has to see it if it turns out to be a mess. So I painted. Three hours later, I had my first offering for the year. It's far from perfect but it didn't turn out to be as bad as I thought. Hope I could finish another subject this coming week...

Please feel free to comment. I won't kill you. :D

Comments (1)

Post a comment